Benefits & Housing Advice


We work with a range of specialist advisors to support new communities to access advice and guidance to assist them in resolving housing and benefit issues.


If you are a new community member we can help you identify and apply for benefits that you're entitled to to help you settle and live in the United Kingdom.


These include, amongst others:

  • Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Enterprise Support Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Working Families Tax credits
  • Child Benefit
  • support for child care costs

See 'Definitions' : description of refugees, asylum seekers and migrants >


Our partners, workers and volunteers understand your needs and can help you apply for benefits that you and your family may be entitled to.


People who have been granted refugee status, humanitarian protection or discretionary leave to remain, largely have the same welfare and social care entitlements as UK citizens.

Other related matters we may be able to assist with include:

  • Effective collaboration with third party providers
  • Mobile advice surgeries in conjunction with Birmingham City Council
  • Signposting to agencies, services and recreational facilities
  • Access to housing advice and free or subsidised furniture projects
  • Help in securing welfare and housing benefit entitlements


For details of some of the national agencies providing advice online or by telephone please click here.


Further details regarding programmes of work referred to on this page will be added in due course as they arise.


All enquiries: